Sunday 8 February 2015

Poorly Machine and a make for me

My embroidery machine finally gave up the ghost last week, collected for repair on Wednesday. Feel as if something is missing and whilst still have my sewing, embellisher, Gem and overlocker machines, they do not have the same pull. Plus had hopes to finish all the cards and Christmas gifts for family and friends by mid February. Done most but have 3 gifts and cards still to make.

Because all my makes for 2015 have been mainly for gifts cannot show on here atm (in case some peaking goes on) but did get down to making for myself. This fabric has been in my stash for I think about 25 years, if not more. Never got rid of it as love the muted shades, now been made into a baggy comfortable overtop. Squared off the bottom as did not want rounded corners and shortened the sleeves. I always push long sleeves up so better to get rid of them first. Plus the biggest thing was I used my overlocker for the first time, a dream and made in far less time than normal. Did most of the seams straight on the overlocker instead of the sewing machine.

Really enjoying the clothes sewing and now back into it plan to make at least 1 garment a month.


New overlocker previously sat on it's own table


Seam done on said overlocker, stitched and cut all in one, love it.



This post is linked with Handmade Monday with Vicky at Lucy Blossom Crafts


Hope to have more to show next week and that I have my machine back.




11 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful top, and the seams look amazing on the overlocker. Hopefully your other machine will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at you having that fabric for so long - sometimes fabric is just too nice to use! Your top looks fab and what a professional finish you've achieved with the over locker. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely fabric for your blouse. I like the style too. We have The Sewing Bee back to inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww poorly machine, I hope it won't be too long before you get it back. Overlockers look too complicated for me :) I'll leave things like that for those who know what they're doing. I love the Mandarin type collar on your top.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely top you created. How I admire your sewing skills! I'm sure it lots of fun seeing what you can make. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great to sue up fabric from your stash:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really pretty fabric, and the blouse turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to use up some of your fabric stash and it only took 25 years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Overlockers do sound like wonderful machines, i think its lovely that you're making clothes for yourself considering how much time you spend making things for other people! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hope you machine is better soon. Your 'vintage' fabric will be back in fashion after 25 years. The top looks great and a very practical move getting rid of the long sleeves.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very fine seam, bet you will use your overlocker lots more now. Top is great good thing you kept the material!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.