Sunday 14 August 2016

A Creative Couple of Weeks

Welcome to another week in Blogland and my world of crafting. The past 2 weeks have been so much better and done a lot more on the creative front.

Thinking ahead for my 3 vintage fairs came up with some vintage makes

Crazy Silk Patchwork bookmarks

Now most of you know I have a love of books, proper books not iBooks variety. This is a new design from one of my favourite designers, each bookmark has an initial. There in started a problem as to what letters to do. Googled and found top 100 all time girls names. 'J' was the most popular, the list  has given me something to work to when building up some stock. Can always do a special order at a show and post later if needed. A good way to use up small pieces of silk or any fabric for that matter.
Had to add a tassel and these card ones are ideal as the loop is not too long.



Rose Frame Bag

Made from wool felt and hand embroidered, with rose, buds and hips, not forgetting the pearls.



Rolled shopping bags

Had to make some more of these as wanted a basket full at my next event.




Pink Baby Bonnet

The same method as before but this time in pink linen, so pretty.



Going back in time. I am revisiting some of the items I used to make back on the 80's and with my move to more vintage thought they should make a reappearance.

Rose lace pot pourri puffs



Lace fan with roses and pot pourri



I always loved to decorate items and these battenburg style lace fans just lent themselves to more lace and roses. The puffs are made using favour circles. My favour making machine came in handy as so much easier than trying to gather up with one hand. May have to treat myself to the larger one.

Stay calm and ring Carson for tea mug rugs

Downton themed tea mug rugs, love these but then I also loved Downton, cannot wait for the film.


Last but not least lave flower pins



That's all for this week, as now exhausted will treat myself to another episode of house of Elliot. Not as good as Downton but then again filmed some years ago now but still love it.



see you all next week x









3 comments:

  1. These are such lovely items you have shared. I love the bookmarks; such fine stitching. And, the rose bag is beautiful. Have a wonderful week, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so many beautiful makes! love the fan and the rolled shopping bags is such a cute idea - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bookmarks, I'm sure your fair will be very successful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.