Sunday 3 April 2011

Mothering Sunday

3rd April Mother's Day in the UK

I lost my Mum in 2006 after a battle with Alzheimers I think of her every day and thankful to her for making me the woman I am today, independent and creative. Love you Mum>.

What better tribute than a poem by my favourite poet and friend, thank you Nancy your work inspires me, sometimes makes me sad, sometimes makes me laugh but the enjoyment I get from your work knows no bounds.

YOU ARE THERE

I reach for the phone and begin to call,
Then remember you're not there after all,

The news to share had gladdened me so
I had to call,
Just wanted you to know,

That holiday dish you alway made,
Received such marvelous accolades,

What was it you added or maybe changed,
When I'd make it,
It never tasted the same,

Although you're not here to talk to in person,
You're here in my heart everyday,
And I see you in your great-grand children's faces,
In gestures and things that they say,

Every special event,
Every joy,
Every pain,
I wish you were here to talk to again,

But you are there in every thought and prayer,
Dear Mother,
You're in my heart
Forever there


Nancy Ellen Crossland
©2008



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.