Monday 28 September 2009

Show and Tell Monday

A gift for a gardening Friend

As most of you know I had planned to do a lion cub cross stitch design and make into a velvet backed cushion for my BFF, however, these cross stitch projects take a lot longer than anticipated. Then I had planned to do a machine embroidered wrap but no my machine thought differently and the threads pulled, so back to the drawing board, what to make, then DH came up with the idea of a gardening apron as Christine loves her garden and Volia!!



The main fabric is lilac cotton and the pockets a design that I had stashed away just perfect for this project, with all the flowers and seed packets. 2 side pockets and the large centre pocket is split into 3 with slight give in the outer pockets to accommodate tools etc.

The card is using one of the backing papers, image and the rose arch (printed onto acetate) from the Joanna Sheen 'Cottage Garden' collection.



Finally made some Christmas cards for my parties and fairs, still more to do but at least I have made a start.



Check out the other MMP blogs for Show and Tell Monday

7 comments:

  1. Hey Caroline! Well I think that gardening apron turned out just perfect! Cross stitch is beautiful but oh the time it takes to do it! You have been so busy getting ready for the shows. I too have had much going on.
    Have a great week!
    bunny hugs my friend,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline,, you are always so creative and productive. You get so much done! I cant wait to see the cross stitch, but I know how long they do take. The gardening apron is adorable, and so is the card. The Chirstmas cards look so beautiful, so much prettier than what is available in the stores. Have a great week and happy creating.. hugs, gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apron turn out gorgeous! I love it and know your friend will too. The cards are awesome!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Caroline...love the pics!WOW..you are so creative!!
    Hugs, Cindy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the apron and a really pretty fabric. Your friend will love it. Nice cards too. It's a lot of work getting ready for shows. Good luck
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Caroline, Your friend is going to adore that apron! It is just the best! Fabulous cards, wish I could pop over and do a little shopping. I think I would go nuts. Hugs, Tedi
    www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the apron Caroline - think it looks fab. Thats a good start on your christmas cards too - much better than me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.