Sunday 1 May 2016

May has arrived, now where's summer

Welcome to May, just need a bit warmer weather to go with the sun, drop the Artic winds and should be perfect.

Been busy this week, actually got my self into gear. Sorted and tidied 2 chest of drawers of clothes, a huge bag of unwanted stuff winging it's way to the charity shop. Some of the stuff was new, still with labels but could not remember why I bought it in the first place. So bad.

End of April makes:

Macaron fabric, love this in the two tones, already made two half aprons a while back out of the cream, added a frame clutch bag with a tiered cake, tissue case and 2 babies sun dresses.







Also from a local online supplier, walked over and collected on Thursday, a length of Alice in Wonderland words fabric. Now what do I have planned for this? may be able to show you in the next couple of weeks.



A lady where I get a lot of my embroidery designs from did a show in the US, now that is what I call a display, stunning. Love the cloths rather than flat but not sure how that would work. I suppose if you stitched the ruffle onto velcro. Added negative velcro to the top cloth and wrap round the table, adding some safety pins for extra hold. Not sure how it would travel though as would have to be kept flat and uncreased. She set up the day before and collapses the day after the event. This makes things less rushed and just turn up on the day to sell, sell, sell.



Check out the other blogs at Handmade Monday


See you next week and take care






5 comments:

  1. That macaroon fabric is really sweet (ha ha, see what I did there!) The little sun dresses are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little purses are gorgeous and I love the dresses! Is that a fabric dolls house I spy in the photo of the stall? Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More gorgeous makes Caroline, I love the baby dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the fabric you've used and your fussy cutting, looking forward to seeing your Alice in Wonderland fabric put to use. Have a great week - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your makes are so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.