Sunday 1 July 2012

Handmade Monday No. 73

Welcome to Handmade Monday hosted by Wendy from Handmade Harbour, check out the wonderful blogs in the linky party.

July has arrived, Wimbledon has started and what did we expect with the weather? well kiss of death and it has been raining cats and dogs on an off for weeks. When the sun does appear so grateful to see his cheery face in beautiful crystal clear blue skies.

Now what has been going on at Ocala Towers? well the stitching continues and found this chocolate rose fabric and just had to be bought with fairy frost aqua for the bag flap, a chocolate brown rose embroidered in a toile design.



Fairie Fae appears again this time made into a funky bag with a fabric remnant reminiscent of the 60/70's, handy for a trip out when not too much clutter has to be carried.



Polka Dot Coin Purse


Had been hanging onto this small remnant left over from the school bags, them found in my zip box a collection of small zips, as wanted these for a craft stall staple kept the machine embroidery down to just the words. Fun but for any age and who does not love Polka Dots.


Flower Power Coin Purse


As the polka dot another off cut


Scooter Tote Bags

Again left over from the school bags and could not resist some fun scooter tote bags(4 in total), fully lined with an inner  divided pocket plus a handy out side pocket with elasticated top for a mobile.


New Fabric

Well Fancy Moon fabric has a lot to answer for and I could not resist these wire dress forms with roses! perfect, vintage fashion labels in purple and chocolate brown Eiffel towers.



Have decided to make myself a handbag and wallet out of the dress form fabric, so think may have to buy some more, have been thinking about this for some time as should really use my own creations but just never got around to it. This fabric just spoke to me and as I stitch what could be a better advert, plus my purse is at the end of it's days, in fact a disgrace and not a good look for my street cred to throw coins around the shop floor.

You will also notice a new blog background this week, not sure what happened to the old one but I am loving the roses, so shabby chic and so me.

Happy creating and hopefully back next week

&



27 comments:

  1. First of all, I love the new blog background - very pretty and soft. Gorgeous bags, especially the first one. look forward to seeing the ones you make for yourself out of the dress form material. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely makes (love that scooter) and yes, you should make yourself something - it's a fabulous advert. Make a special pocket for business cards, then you will remember to keep stocked up when you're out & about! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chocolate rose fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabrics are always so pretty, and I love the blog background...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these bags especially the first one,so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy!! I think you may even have inspired me to have a go at making a purse! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chocolate roses are beautiful and the scooter bags are so fun and funky, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabrics. I really love the chocolate rose bag you made. Background is lovely, all soft and warm... :)Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness me, you have been busy they are all lovely. Is the scooter printed on the fabric or applique?
    Liking the new background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first bag too.
    It's funny how we forget to advertise ourselves by using the things we make - I keep wondering why I use a bag that came free with a magazine instead of one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new background really suits your blog. Fantastic bags, but the first one reminds me of mint choc chip ice cream - I guess it's the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the scooter bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so many pretty makes! i love the ladies on scooters :) and the flower power purses too

    your new blog background looks fab, and matches beautifully with the style of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Caroline:) You can send some of that rain over here:) I honestly can not remember the last time it rained here. Its been well over 105 degrees everyday too. Yuck. I love your new bags. Just as cute as can be! The new fabric with the manequins is adorable.
    Have a great week and enjoy all of the summer festivities. (()) Gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm having a little fabric envy!!! Gorgeous fabrics. Lovely the rose bag, extremely stylish. And the scooters are fab too, made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what wonderful bags and all your fabric is gorgeous. Hope you find some time to make something for yourself. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're right, you should be using your own creations! But sometimes you just are so busy with everything else you don't mke anything for yourself,. I'm lucky because most of my creations are for domestic purpose so i get to keep and use them myself lol
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  18. What gorgeous bags, especially the ladies on the scooter, I better not show my mum these she has quite the collection of bags already

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE that chocolate rose fabric, it is gorgeous and you have done it proud. What a lovely bag.

    Been having a nosey at your past posts to. Sorry i haven't been by to comment lately! As always you have been a very busy bee!

    Love the new background too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful bags, I especially like the chocolate roses one, I love aqua type colours so this bag would suit me down to the ground :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving all the bags, the fabric in the second one is just lush.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great makes Caroline, love the polka dot purses and the scooter bag is brilliant, so chic.
    You should definitely make some items for yourself, a great way to advertise.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous bags and purses. The fabrics look amazing. My favourite one is brown-mint green with a rose - wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the new fabric ! Do you often find yourself buying lovely fabric without actually having a project in your mind ? I often do and think, the project will come later...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow. Some lovely, lovely items. The blue bag is lovely, but I love the scooter tote too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your first bag is gorgeous. Love the colours and the rose. You have been busy using up all your snippets. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the rose bag but all your makes are great.

    LH
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.