Sunday 29 July 2012

Handmade Monday N0. 77

What a week and what an end to it, actually sat and watched the opening ceremony and loved every minute. Just hope other countries understood the history but very well done and seamless transitions, we should be proud as a nation.

Ocala Towers has had some trauma, on Wednesday a loud bang, lots of coughing and spluttering, all the plugs go out when the fuse trips. So thought better check if all DH alright, that is after flipping the fuse back on! Lee's old Mac (my cast off) finally gave up the ghost problem he has not been backing up, just so typical of a man and not for the want of telling, never listens to me now I have proof. He is now sharing my Mac, not going to happen for long as driving me mad, thumps the keyboard, whinges because he now has to resurrect everything. Good job I carried some over last December. Already back up to Apple direct but thought no better be local as well. Time Capsule ordered Thursday and arrived Friday, now for the set up, not as easy as would have thought got a call back logged and 2 hours later all up and working, overnight full back up done, now does hourly for any changes whooppee! My new best friend and so smart, not to mention when you enter the TC to check for data the background is moving stars in space. It's official I love Apple Macs.

Now onto makes, with all this heat, I know should not moan but when you need a shower every time you move not fun and my sewing room was positively stifling at times, so early morning stitching.

The Paris Collection continues:

Swallow Wristlets

Made in the usual natural linen, I love this fabric and so good to stitch on



Butterfly Wristlets


One final laugh of the week took Shiloh to the vets to be weighed, simple? oh no he decides that he is not going on the scale, lays down and becomes super glued to the floor. The receptionist stood in front with a treat, he walks round to get it! Another vet parent stands behind to get him to go for a cuddle, very friendly our dog, no walks around. In the end Phillip (vet) and Lee have to man handle him onto the scales them realise that Lee has one foot on which gives a duff reading thought we had a 10 stone dog for one moment. Mission accomplished turns out he weighs 44.7kgs, now I am not into this modern weight palaver but 7st! eek! and not fully grown, think we got a polar bear not a golden retriever. He had a treat after and went to the hair dressers which he enjoyed as lots of fuss, has now been showered in advocate and worming tablets which were disguised in a piece of cheese, which had to be bought specially as Lee and I do not eat cheese, yukk!!

Work in progress, waiting for a tread delivery and nothing more to show but should be completed by next week, dragonflies and sea horses.

When you have recovered from laughing over the antics of Ocala Towers this week check out the other blogs at Handmade Monday, don't forget to comment as we like to spread the love.

&

Humungous beast



22 comments:

  1. At least you could get him inside the vets....we had a dog that would sit himself down outside the door and not budge....every tried getting a German Shepherd to move when he doesn't want to?
    You'll be glad to know I back-up regularly after losing virtually all my Dragonfly stuff, sometimes it takes a disaster to make us realise how important backing-up is!

    Am looking forward to seeing dragonflies soon! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the butterfly designs. Very pretty and such fine detail.

    I think dogs, cats, rabbits (most normal humans) avoid scales like the plague. I don't blame him for not wanting to go on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking those wrislet purses with the birdie on, very clever. Laughed about Shiloh arn't dogs characters!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wrislets are very nice, loved reading about your doggy hee, he sounds like he isnt daft hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so easy to back work up - and sadly so easy not to. The wristlet purses are great. I love dragon flies (sadly so does Daisy!) so looking forward to next week's post. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a hard drive crash too this week - it's so easy to put off backing up! The wristlets look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I suppose these things keep you on your toes! Your wristlets look lovely. Your work always looks so neat. Hope you have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All this reading about IT problems is making me think about back up too! I love your Paris collection, its so elegant and timeless

    ReplyDelete
  9. your latest wristlets are completely gorgeous, and that linen does look lovely with your pretty design.

    you are so right that backing up is a must... although i can't say that i practice what i preach!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wristlets are lovely and your vet story made me chuckle. One of my dogs tried to turn his head through 360 degrees last year when having his kennel cough immunisation - took two trips and my husband literally sitting on him to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like quite an eventful week. Maybe Shiloh is smart and lay down so that he would be given a treat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The butterfly design is really pretty, very elegant.
    I think we know who's in charge in your house, Shiloh. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wristlets are always so wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh the very thought of sharing my MacBook had me choking on my tea then! Very pretty wristlets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your wristlets, the butterflies are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Paris collection is gorgeous, such beautiful detail

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love looking at what you've made. Makes me want to redocorate my bedroom as a french boudoir - oo la la!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the wristlets,they're gorgeous.Hope Shiloh has recovered from the trauma of being weighed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. First, let me say, I too use Time Capsule to back up hourly and it has made me worry so much less, you will love it!

    Second, I do love the patterns on the fabric, and in linen? Wow, very nicely done.

    Third, had to laugh about Shiloh, aren't goldens funny, even when they are making you pull your hair out? Pauli says hi, she spent most of my trip to TX at my other sons house digging holes in his back yard with his dog Bart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just catching up with the hand-made monday blogs as I was away for a few days.
    Your wristlets are sooo gorgeous! I'm truly amazed at the embroidery you have created. your maching works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  21. DragonFlies and sea horses sound fun. We have much the same problem when The Wimp has to be weighed but being a cat I jump on the scales first check the weight and then climb back on with him in my arms. Sorry for delay in commenting have had severe network problems with my provider. hopefully all sorted out now. hugs Mrs A. e

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.