Wednesday 5 September 2012

UK Handmade Blogging Thursday Week 1

Hello and welcome to the first UK Handmade Link Party and hoping many more to come. 

The idea is to blog every Thursday making the day UK Handmade Blogging Thursday, the posts can be about anything craft related, pictures of what you have made, work in progress, pictures of events you have attended at the weekend etc. A few rules as follows:

1. Add your blog to the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
2. Make sure you link back to this blog in your blog and mention UK Handmade Thursday.
3. Visit the other bloggers, read and comment on their posts.
4. Posts should be craft related
5. Follow the blogs within the link party.

Any blogger not complying with the above will be deleted from the linky.  This may seem harsh but all too often linky parties benefit one blog and that is the host blog, I think this is unfair and should benefit everyone taking part. Joining together to form a craft co-operative.

Now onto the fun bit I make laundry bags for the boarders of a local girls school, the normally order about 60 at a time and I hate production line sewing, so the plan is to make as I source fabric to build up a stock. Does not always work out that way but I do try. Sourced some fabric off ebay last week and got 2 out of this length.


I have to cater for a wide variety of tastes and this pair may seem a bit odd colouring for girl's but you would be surprised, not all are girly girl's.

Not one to waste the offcuts, my new regime is to make up for stock to not store offcuts which end up resembling a mountain of fabric on the sewing room shelves.

Tote Bags times 2



Wash Bag


I got the design of the stripey cats from a designer in the US and thought stripes on stripes with a touch of humour. The picture of the claw marks does make me think of nails on blackboards but am trying to be grown up about this. All this fabric design used up and no waste.

Please visit the blogs in the linky below and hope this is the first Thursday blog hop of many

 &

Chief helper of fabric bits







4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for organising this. I'm eagerly awaiting the next link!

    Love your bags xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 the cat tote !

    Is there any decent sellers you could recommend on ebay to get fabric from ?

    I've wanted to make a few things for a while now but unfortunately there are no fabric shops near me =[

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, making 60 laundry bags ! I do like the one with penny farthing from the previous post (hope you are not having to make all 60 like that ?).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.