Tuesday 21 August 2018

Gorilla Glue Challenge

Recently I was approached by Gorilla Glue to do a blogging challenge. Never one to turn this sort of thing away, love challenges as keep me on my toes. Decided to go for a memory frame with 3D handmade foamiron flowers and an embroidered quote.

Selected a large memory frame from Hobbycraft, stitched the quote onto Fairy Frost fabric on my embroidery machine. The mount board was easy as already in stock a pale blue pearlised colouring. Think it looks perfect in the white frame. Made a selection of flowers and leaves with foamiron, my first time. Coloured with some stamping inks to add dimension, adding crystals and beads for the centres.

Found the Gorilla glue perfect for adhering the mount to the design and the superglue with thin nozzle was perfect for the flowers, leaves and beads.


I love this quote and always seem to work in pastels.

Hope you enjoy






4 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely idea, the frame looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's lovely. I like this quote too although it makes me think of the film Hitch, when Will Smith said this a few times. Gorilla glue is great stuff isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

  3. I am amazed and LOVE how you do this and share with us. I've never tried this before, but with your included measurements, I'm going to give it a go this morning. Thank you so much. I'll be sure to link back to your post in my blog. Thank you again. Hugs! moon rocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, just love it! Not overstated and therefore everything pops. Such a lovely project! :) :) X X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.