Sunday 29 November 2015

Champagne Lace and Damask

Still working on my new vintage collection this time a beautiful bag made in cotton canvas for body but overlaid with a heavy guipure lace, adding faux leather handles in a dark brown.



As you know not making a lot atm but loving what I am doing, feel back to how I used to feel when stitching, happy and content not to mention confident that doing something I love.

Damask Monogram Lavender Sachets

These are for an order for a group of ladies who sew and natter. Damask monogrammed initial lavender sachets, made in ivory linen and filled with lavender, delicious. Will be adding these to my website as think they fit the vintage collection perfectly.


The last fair of the year for me was on Saturday at Headley Village Hall, fun, music, laughter and visitors looking for a perfect gift for Christmas. This event is always so happy maybe because organised to raise funds for the hall and not an organiser. I did so well and from the comments the ladies who bought were happy as well. One thing I have learnt over the years at this sort of village fair is to sell and make low ticket items. This year I had sale items but if I feel the need to use up odds and ends with low prices this is the time to do it. 

All goods packed away in the stock room now, which frees me up to decorate the house with glitter and baubles. Love Christmas and our tree goes up on Monday. Then Tuesday relax with a good film, a Chinese courtesy of M & S, maybe a tipple, exchange our cards, what could be better than the 1st day of the festivities. Not forgetting to open day 1 of our Jacquie Lawson advent calendar. I buy one of her calendars every year and also send one to a couple of friends, just love them.

Have a good week and hope you all did well at events this weekend and any future bookings for 2015.

Check out Handmade Monday at Lucy Blossom Crafts







8 comments:

  1. That is one super posh bag. Loving the lace overlay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your fair went well. I love the lavender sachets with the monograms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dropped by to say "hi" from Handmade Monday. That bag is wonderful and your lavendar sachets are devine, love your work - Chris @madebyChrissieD :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bag, the lace looks so pretty. I've just checked out the advent calendar and it looks amazing, I may have to get one too - Lucy would love watching it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your pieces are beautiful. Those ladies will be tickled pink with their lavender sachets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bag, the lace overlay is so pretty, it's so true about knowing your craft fairs, sometimes small community fairs are perfect for the lower price bracket.
    It's good that you are really enjoying the direction you're going.
    Thank you for your lovely comment about your plaque :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lace overlay - really nice (I imagine it was a bit slippery to sew!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the bag so stylish :) glad had good week xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.