Monday 30 August 2010

Inspiration


Show and tell Monday with Make Mine Pink

Inspiration

Over a period of many years I have cut out and collected pictures/articles from magazines, keeping them in pretty journals for a rainy day or when needing some inspiration.
Love to look at the designs and colours, how what is in fashion rotates in a circle, frequently ending up where it started. Had a wonderful day on Sunday relaxing and browsing through 4 of my packed to the brim journals, remembering the years past and what I was doing at the time.


Having tidied my sewing room, so the sofa is now visible, I have a special place to sit and dream and get some inspiration for a week of stitching ahead.


9 comments:

  1. What a fun and inspiring day you must of had. I have saved magizines forever too. But, I need to take time to cut out the pictures I want to save and throw the rest of the book away. LOL
    I hope you got really inspired by browsing the past. Have a wonderful week as well. Kath'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline, I do the same thing. I adore looking through magazines and saving the extra special pictures. I hope you get a chance to enjoy your journals this week. Relax and enjoy. (()) gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol

    I absolutely love your journals, how fun to watch the trends change over time.

    I need a comfy chair in my workspace too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline! What a wonderful idea. A great way to see all the things you loved over the years.
    Have a good day!
    Susie
    The Polka Dot Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline,

    How wonderful to have the journals. And what a relaxing afternoon it must have been.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Caroline,
    I have always wanted to make inspiration journals, but I have a hard time throwing the rest of the magazine away! lol Thank you for sharing!

    Shannon
    Shabby Shan's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Caroline, I've done the same for many years (cutting out pictures, photos, articles, etc., and keeping them in notebooks). We have another thing in common besides tea. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds so wonderful, all organized and all! Dear hubby have all his car/motorcycle magazines all neatly organized in order, not me!! Have a great week and I hope you have OK weather, I know it start to look like fall back home in Sweden....
    Helene
    ps. Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that you have your inspiration all organized. Mine is also magazine pullouts but they are everywhere!! You've inspired me!!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.