Monday 15 March 2010

Show and Tell Monday

March

"The March wind roars
Like a lion in the sky,
And makes us shiver
As he passes by.

When winds are soft,
And the days are warm and clear,
Just like a gentle lamb,
Then spring is here."
- Author Unknown

Half way through March and hoping the snow is a distant memory. Has been beautiful in the southern part of England this week, the sun shone but with a biting wind at least no rain!

Baby Shoes

Loved knitting these delicate little picot edged shoes, with an organza ribbon and rose to decorate, come complete with a white organza bag.



A gift for my Sister

I had been racking my brains for a gift for my Sister's Birthday in April, love doing themed gifts so thought about a breakfast set, bread roll holder, napkins, egg cosies and some beautiful chicken eggs cups made by Quail



Another display stand

Went to our local Homebase this week (a diy store) and found these cupcake stands, could not resist and the price was brilliant £5.99 ($9), thinking another trip next week for another one.



A Remnant Tote

Made two of these handy totes, with a firm card base and inner pockets, lined with dark brown fabric. Fun tassel embellishment with a gold and pearl heart to fasten. The main fabric has a hint of gold to make the bad glisten in the light.



Check out the other blogs at Make Mine Pink



6 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline,, your talents are many and amazing! The knitted baby shoes are so sweet! Your sister will love her gift! And I love the tote bag too. You always get so much accomplished! You know I especially love the cupcake stand. LOL
    I hope you will be enjoying spring weather very soon! (()) gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the booties how pretty your work amazes me! It us always so perfect! Your sis is going to love her gift I hope she does not read your blog this week (she will see her gift :))
    Have a great week
    hugs sassy Gail of thesassybeach.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline

    I love the knitted baby shoes, they are adorable.

    I have one of those cupcakes stands!

    Lisa
    http://www.palepinkandroses.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline,

    You are talented, I'm amazed!! The knitted baby shoes are cute. And the cupcake stand is just a treasure!

    Pei Li

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new things you have .. the booties are too sweet! We have way too much rain here. I'd like to see the sun!
    jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those baby shoes are absolutely, sweetly adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.