Monday 23 February 2009

Show and Tell Monday



Finally finished my gift to myself, cross eyed by the end of the beading strip but am pleased with the finished results. The fabric is a mock suede and the picture an eagle, made in the messenger style gives me lots of room when going to exhibitions etc.






Finished the Melody Wrap and again am pleased with the finished article, the colours are perfect for a summer evening or to dress up evening attire.

Went to a knitting exhibition on Saturday, bit disappointed as not many stalls, so could not part with the money I had in my pocket, wanting to get out. Did buy some sari tape yarn, which I will knit into belts with beads and a bag of bits and bobs to put through the embellisher machine. Will post the results when finished.



Have got to get a wriggle on this week, to finish the Mothering Sunday gift and card samples and my newsletter for March. Then starting on Easter goodies.

Check out the other blogs for all the Show & Tell Monday offerings.

17 comments:

  1. wow! your bag is amazing, I love it Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks carol, dont forget to check back at my blog later... there will be a nice suprise waiting for you there Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline

    Your messenger bag turned out beautiful. I love the beading, it so intricate.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh gorgeous, that bag is just stunning, love the colour on the wrap too, you're so clever xx

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bag is beautiful and the beading adds a little sparkle to it. I can imagine how many hours it took!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous bag, caroline. the crossed eyes were well worth it...heehee! you have been one busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. come on over carol its waiting lol Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color of that wrap...I am always looking for things like that to throw around the shoulders...I used to knit...loved the feel of the yarns...
    Susan *dutchrose*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Caroline... YOu have really been busy! I love the bag. You did a fantastic job and I love, love, love the wrap. The color is so pretty. I hope you have a great week.
    Happy creating,, gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. That messenger bag is simply terrific. What a nice job you did on that. Glad you spent the time on YOU! You'll feel so good going out with that over your shoulder.
    Pat
    Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
    www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
    www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you've been busy! I love the bag, and the wrap is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bag turned out to be so lovely! Great gift for yourself!
    bunny hugs,
    shell

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bag came out great. I'd be bug eyed too! I beaded a sweatshirt back in college and wow, was it a ton of work!
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Busy,Busy girl! Love your new stuff!
    Hugs,
    Eileen
    www.forgetmenotdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Caroline....your bag is very pretty and I love your pretty wrap!

    Pink hugs,
    Debbie
    www.shabbycozycottage.com
    www.patchoulirosehome.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Caroline,
    I Love the Bag! Wow, lots of beading. I love yarn shops, we just don't have enough around over here.
    Huggs, Nancy
    www.coeurdalenegifts.com
    www.coeurdalenegifts.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Caroline,

    How pretty! I'm so happy you treated yourself. The handbag is beautiful. Love the color and detail. So glad you shared it with us.
    Have a wonderful day,
    XXOO
    Janet
    Janet's Creative Pillows

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.