Sunday 12 May 2019

Handmade Monday #126

Another week has gone and ever nearer Christmas, lol. Did do some sewing and pack the car for an event, more about that lower down.

The first creations were some Bee skirts, made from strips of fabric. with a happy bee applique design to the centre left.



Have a stash of vintage linens and doilies, been meaning to use for a while. Bought them at a vintage fair then put in a box and promptly forgot about the. Still have plenty plus vintage linens that I plan to use up mainly in a boho chic clothing range.

A doily pansy top/waistcoat was born. The blossom fabric gave a good base using my own drafted pattern. The pansies were a trim round some of the doilies and felt they looked better as centre pieces. Took an age to remove them all from the centre piece but got there in the end.



Had an event yesterday, only sold 1 card in the morning. Exhausting and soul destroying. Have cancelled the next 2 bookings and would rather stay home and promote. On a plus note heard from the good local one and booked in for November.

Today helping DH dig a path out round a bed, well I will be standing on the hose and supervising.


Check out the other blogs at Sum of Their Stories


Have a good week x


2 comments:

  1. The bee finishes off your pretty skirt perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Standing on the hose and supervising ! You do make me laugh!
    I'm sorry to hear you didn't do well at your event, I've decided not to do any more, I sell on Etsy now and find that suits me much better. the trouble with fairs is that you get your hopes up every time that this will be the 'good one' . I always end up spending more than I take on food & tea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.