Wednesday 27 October 2010

A trip down memory lane

Yesterday Lee (DH) and I went on a trip down memory lane, visiting areas I used to haunt when growing up, the weather left a lot to be desired but we were determined it was not going to ruin our day and it did not.

First stop Shere (were the film The Holiday was partially shot) a lovely Surrey village, apart from the cars unspoilt by time.



Then onto Abinger Hammer (metionjed in the Domesday book in 1086, then known as Abinceborne) where the blacksmith hits the bell with a hammer on the hour

The clock was given in memory of the first Lord Farrer of Abinger Hall who died in 1899 and has a motto which states: “By me you know how fast to go!” The clock represents the iron industry and the role played by the county of Surrey in the industrial past.

Then on to Cranleigh

and finally could not resist a photo of the Christmas decorations at the local garden centre,
just magical

Thank you for joining me on my trip down memory lane


2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could have joined you for this beautiful day. Thank you for sharing.

    Carol at Business in THE Bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline! Your pictures are wondeful. I feel like I went along with you.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Susie
    The Polka Dot Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate the time and trouble taken to comment and will publish as soon as possible.